Ginger Rogers and Doris Day in ”Storm Warning”
Hey! Guess what show I’ve been recently binge watching? As a Canadian, I feel it is my duty to watch this show and WHAT A GREAT SHOW IT IS. I’ve only seen the occasional Murdoch Mysteries episode here and there, and then one day I had a sudden urge to WATCH ALL OF IT. Definitely one of the better decisions I’ve made recently.
Started noodling around with this idea about 2 weeks ago and just managed to finish it in time for Valentine’s days!
These two are super cute oh my goddd help
To the lovely themexicansnob, who’s tired of contemporary mexican films being all about narcos, the government and how shitty our country is.
I agree it’s frustrating that these kinds of productions (which a lot of the time aren’t good) are the ones that usually get wide releases in Mexico and get picked up by international distributors, mostly because of the public’s morbid fascination with violence and constructions about the ～exotic and dangerous～ “third world”.
With that in mind, I’ve made a list of a few films I like that may not be exactly heart-warming or uplifting but that reflect the human experience through different narratives and styles, avoiding the extremes of the mexican preciousism movement and the current crudeness in national cinema.
- La fórmula secreta (1965), Rubén Gámez
- Poetas campesinos (1980), Nicolás Echevarría
- El premio (2011), Paula Markovitch
- La mancha de sangre (1937), Adolfo Best Maugard
- Nazarín (1958), Luis Buñuel
- Pedro Páramo (1967), Carlos Velo
- Mezcal (2006), Ignacio Ortiz
- Bartolomé de las Casas (1992), Sergio Olhovich
- Macario (1960), Roberto Gavaldón
- El lugar sin límites (1978), Arturo Ripstein
- Danzón (1991), María Novaro
- En la palma de tu mano (1950), Roberto Gavaldón
- Dos monjes (1934), Juan Bustillo Oro
- Stellet licht (2007), Carlos Reygadas
- Cada loco con su tema (1939), Juan Bustillo Oro
- Santa Sangre (1989), Alejandro Jodorowsky
- La mujer de Benjamín (1991), Carlos Carrera
- Cronos (1993), Guillermo del Toro
- La perla (1947), Emilio Fernández
- Cuentos de hadas para dormir cocodrilos (2002), Ignacio Ortiz
- Fecha de caducidad (2011), Kenya Márquez
- Cabeza de Vaca (1991), Nicolás Echevarría
- El hombre sin rostro (1950), Juan Bustillo Oro
- Canoa (1976), Felipe Cazals
- Redondo (1986) Raúl Busteros
- Post Tenebras Lux (2012), Carlos Reygadas
- Alamar (2009), Pedro González-Rubio
- El fantasma del convento (1934), Fernando de Fuentes
Les Frères Bruckman, Karel Bruckman, 1923. Watercolour.
collections that are raw as fuck ➝ elie saab s/s 2014
1934, for the Pfeffermühle
why the fuck is there so much stigma surrounding going to the movies by yourself why the fuck do you need someone to help you sit in the dark and look at a wall for two hours “oh look at that dork they don’t even have a friend to ignore for the entire duration of this event”